04 January, 2009

Rabbit...AKA..new quail hutch!

I got some quail eggs a few weeks ago to try and hatch...none hatched but, I am going to try again. I thought that a rabbit hutch would be perfect for putting quail in. So, I had my mom ask my step sister if she knew of anyone giving away a rabbit hutch since she is involved with 4H. Well, she remembered seeing this one for sale so my mom went and checked it out yesterday...I did not get to see it until DH brought it home. The guy was asking $110 for it. I told my mom to offer him $75...he counter offered $80 so I bit!! The guy said he had over $300 just in treated lumber and supplies in it. It is 12' long x 7' high x 3' deep! It took 6 full grown men and the two oldest boys to put it on the trailer. Our trailer is 10' long if that helps you judge how big this hutch is. I think it will be perfect for putting some of my Black Jersey Giant peeps in a couple sections and quail in one section. There are 6 sections all together...three two story sections each with there own separate door. I must say that I am very impressed with this hutch!! It is much bigger than DH would build for me and we could never have built this for $80!!



3 comments:

Cassandra said...

OMG that is amazing! and $80! what a bargain :-) I would love that :-)

monarc23 said...

Again, that is one awesome hutch!!! Mine is PLENTY smaller! I. LOVE. IT! :D

~*Leona*~ said...

Hey Lady - I am not sure if you have checked out www.freecycle.org. I see stuff like this on there all the time - free! I am checking out the baby goods currently!